At the end of this project, I imagined a complex algebra and trigonometry assessment packet. In the end, we did manage to get that completed, with a total of about 45 questions, about 5 questions less than we were planning. I feel like we accomplished this fairly well because it looks much like some of the packets given by teachers.
Nothing really went wrong with this project, it was just difficult to come up with completely new math problems. We also had to get rid of a few problems because they did not fit with what we were attempting to test/prepare incoming students for.
I think that coming up with the algebra problems was the best. Some of those complex problems were excellent for testing ones mathematical skills. One thing that was a little disappointing was that we had to get rid of a few problems or make some modifications to make it a bit easier.
In order to be more successful next time, we will make sure to test for more basic abilities.
Next time, I would like to work a bit more on scheduling because between our teacher and our scheduling, things did not go exactly as planned. As a result, our packet will be used as a sheet to pull questions from to make upcoming algebra packets.
We did not work together on this project very tightly, we just went off with an assignment and finished our own thing, then agreed to come back and meet on a certain date. It was not necessary a project that required each of us working side-by-side.
I did well as a group member and came up with the problems that I needed to come up with.
No comments:
Post a Comment